November 23, 2009
At our Troy Moving & Storage services we recognize that your privacy is important. This document outlines our policy on the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our online Troy Quick Estimate Online form System, or call our office for an estimate, any in-home / office move / pack / storage estimate, or any submission used to seek use of our moving and storage services. All of us at Troy Movers Company have also implemented some very important steps to safeguard your credit card information as well. Extreme precautions / prevention are used when you relocate with us. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing any personal information with us.
Troy Moving Company has obtained the best and most secure coding you can possibly get. Our web site is secured with a GoDaddy.com Web Server Certificate. All online transactions on this site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
Certificate is valid (11/17/2008 - 11/17/2009)
- This notice offers points of interest which describes in detail the privacy practices that apply to Troy Moving Company's products, services and websites worldwide (collectively, Troy Moving Company's "services").
- Personal information and other data we collect is only for the company's use.
- Troy Moving Company collects some personal information when you use our Online Quick Quote that you would otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other Troy Moving Company services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- Troy Moving Company's servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- Any information that Troy Moving Company collects after any job is completed is archived in our data center. We are able to retrieve your records for a minimum period of 7 years. Any information collected will be purged after this period and will be committed to shredding.
- Troy Moving Company will only collect some personal information when you require an estimate. This facilitates a work order for your given relocation and/or storage needs and guides us through the process for your quote.
- Troy Moving Company will not share any telephonic information gathered (i.e. home, work, cell phone numbers) with any other person, third party, or outside firm not related to Troy Moving Company unless Troy Moving Company has only written permission to do so from the specific customer in question. Any telephonic information collected will only be used to perform any services as requested.
- Google uses the DoubleClick advertising cookie on AdSense partner sites like Troy Moving Company and certain Google services to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads across the web. You can view, edit, and manage your ads preferences associated with this cookie by accessing the Ads Preferences Manager. In addition, you may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick DART cookie at any time by using DoubleClick’s opt-out cookie.
- We may use personal private information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising, moving services, storage services, packing services, online web services, box orders, and other services that Troy Moving Company may promote.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, market research and analysis to operate and improve Troy Moving Company advertsing and our other professional services we offer or are looking to offer.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with any legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- Troy Moving Company processes personal information on our secure servers in the United States of America only.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
- For information about specific Troy Moving Company services, please email or call one of our closest locations. If you have additional questions about our privacy practices, please contact us any time.